Firmager Funeral Service has always been an integral part of the community. Years ago Albert Firmager started the Marsh Companions – a club for older people to meet up regularly with others, go on trips, lunches and holidays. Michal Owen was also involved being editor of the Marsh Companions newsletter which enabled people to keep in touch and up to date with what was going on. Firmagers also puchased a minibus for the group to make it easier to get around.
We have continued in being active in our community in many ways:
- Supplying the local Grasshopper football club with their football kit.
Sponsoring Hythe Town football club.
- We have an annual christmas memories service for people to get together and remember their loved ones. During this service families and loved ones can place a memorial tag on the Christmas tree. This also raises money for Pilgrims Hospice.
- Each year we hold and sponser an event in the community to raise money for a local charity. For example, previously we hosted an “Elvis” afternoon. This year all monies raised will go to the local Royal British Legion.
- Having been a care home manager and inspector of care homes prior to taking over the business I understand how difficult it is for care homes to take residents out and about so when we have the time and opportunity we like to offer transport.
- We are also supporting CARM (Caring altogether on Romney Marsh) this year.